Thursday, April 2, 2009
To me popular culture means "Whaz poppn' now," the here, the now, whats in, whats not. It's all about your flavor. Feel me? Understanding pop culture is important where ever you are. For me, I must know the flavor of the people I am around. I am a waitress so I try to conform to the here and now for any particular customer. I would think that music is a HUGE "artifact". The word artifact sounds old doesn't it? However the music I am speaking of is the hip hop that my kids listen to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Billie,
ReplyDeleteYour blog look really good, and I liked how you described pop-culture as "Whaz poppn' now," great job.
I clicked one of your Youtube videos and started listening to a music video. My wife walked in the room and asked, "WHAT are you listening to?" She was surprised by the music. Nice job with the Blog, it looks great. You must be proud of your son! I certainly have a great deal of respect for those who protect us. Venacular like, Whaz poppn, seems to change so often. I guess I'm way behind because I'm still using, What's up?
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed both your blogs thus far. I can definitely relate to the "whazz poppin" I'm constantly reminded of that from my 7 year old son. I would like to consider myself up on the times but truth be told I don't own a Wii or an I-pod for that matter. Not that I'm against them I guess I'm a creature of habit. I still have a CD player and a PS2. I have also debated on the impact it would have on the house but so far I have heard nothing but good things. Keep me posted and you might persuade my vote!
ReplyDeleteWow your blog is interesting. It has a very unique flow to it and makes it fun to read.
ReplyDelete